What is Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding for primary school sports. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school Head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. This money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. The money will be used so that all children benefit regardless of their sporting ability.
What is the purpose of Sports Premium?
All schools must use the sports premium to fund additional and sustainable improvements for provision of PE and sport, but there is freedom to choose how we do it. At Corpus Christi Catholic Primary Academy we recognise the contribution of PE to develop healthy, active lifestyles and well-being of the children. In addition, we believe that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children.
What is our approach to spending the Sports Premium?
At Corpus Christi we believe that all children have an equal opportunity to participate in a broad and balanced curriculum according to their needs, abilities and interests.
Any objectives that school find to be successful, co-coordinators then implement into the school’s policies and procedure for the following years to sustain these improvements.
Physical Education and healthy lifestyles are highly valued at Corpus Christi. We have a broad and balanced curriculum that ensures all abilities are inspired and educated, strong relationships are nurtured, children are happy to participate in new challenges with a strong emphasis on all pupils succeeding in sport.
At Corpus Christi, our Playground Leaders promote their love of physical activity and aim to get everyone involved in lunchtime activity. Predominantly on the KS1 playground, they deliver a range of fun activities, whilst developing their leadership skills, organisation and confidence. Delivering these activities helps promote health and a life-long love of physical activity for all children.
- Evidencing-the-Impact-of-the-Primary-PE-and-Sport-Premium (1).pdf pdf928.3 KbMay 6th, 2022
- PE Long Term Plan.pdf pdf284.2 KbJan 10th, 2022
- PE Policy.pdf pdf149.4 KbJan 10th, 2022
- Impact of Sports Premium Funding 2019-2020.pdf pdf473.7 KbOct 5th, 2020
- CC PE and Sport Premium Funding Overview.pdf pdf28.6 KbOct 5th, 2020
- Impact of Sports Premium Funding 2017-2018.pdf pdf1.0 MbJun 26th, 2020
- Impact of Sports Premium Funding 2018-19.pdf pdf1.6 MbJun 26th, 2020
- Sports Premium Funding Action Plan – 2019-2020.pdf pdf115.6 KbJun 26th, 2020