Remote Education is a broad term encompassing any learning that happens outside of the classroom, with the teacher not present in the same location as the pupils. Corpus Christi has responded quickly to the need for remote education whether it be during a national lockdown when the majority of pupils will be educated at home, or when a class bubble has to self isolate.
The information and documents below explain in more detail our remote learning offer and the school’s approach to ensuring high quality remote education that is appropriate for our children and the community.
During a period of remote learning the class teachers will continue to follow the usual timetable and deliver a high-quality curriculum which follows a clear sequence of lessons and builds on prior learning.
Teachers will make adaptations to the long term plan and certain units that are difficult to teach remotely and require a large amount of equipment or collaboration with other pupils.
The approach for remote learning in each class will vary depending on the age of the children but all classes from Reception to Year 6 will include an element of live lessons. Please see the timetable below.
Here are the individual class timetables:
- Year 6 Timetable.docx documentMar 12th, 2021
- Year 6 Timetable.docx.pdf pdf45.4 KbFeb 3rd, 2021
- Year 1 Remote Learning Timetable .docx.pdf pdf94.5 KbFeb 2nd, 2021
- Year 3 and Year 4 remote learning timetable..docx.pdf pdf54.8 KbFeb 2nd, 2021
- Reception remote learning timetable .docx.pdf pdf96.3 KbFeb 2nd, 2021
- Year 2 Home learning timetable.pdf pdf16.4 KbFeb 2nd, 2021
- Year 5 - Remote Learning Timetable.pdf pdf56.5 KbFeb 2nd, 2021
Teachers will also provide pre-recorded videos that can be watched at any time throughout the day, this will support families who have work commitments and other family members completing live lessons.
Google Classroom will be used as the digital platform for years 5 and 6. Teachers will share pre-recorded and live lessons, independent tasks, daily messages and regular feedback to their classes. Live lessons for Reception to Y4 will also take place via Google Classroom and children will be sent links to join the lessons.
Class Dojo will be used as the digital platform for Nursery to Year 4. (Teachers in Year 5 and Year 6 will use Class Dojo to communicate messages to parents and children when required). Teachers in Nursery to Year 4 will upload videos and activities and communicate with the children via the messaging service. Work is to be uploaded to the children’s portfolios and teachers will approve and comment on work if appropriate. Please see the useful guide for parents below in the documents list and use the following link to find more information about using Class Dojo For parents – ClassDojo Helpdesk
It is important that children engage with remote learning and that parents keep in touch with school and up to date with information.
We will continue to use the text service for messages and emails and the school Dojo page for updates and newsletters. You can contact the school office as normal via telephone (01902 866840) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and teaching staff are available to support children during normal school hours.
Teachers will use a variety of sources to support them to teach the curriculum remotely, including the following digital platforms:
This is an online maths subscription. Your child may be set activities or signposted to resources on MyMaths. They will need an individual log in which will be shared by the class teacher. Please click on the link below for parent guides for My Maths.
Remote learning 2021
- F. CC Remote Learning_ Safeguarding Expectations.pdf pdf174.0 KbMar 9th, 2021
- Regulating sensory activities.pdf pdf650.9 KbJan 26th, 2021
- Calming Activity Ideas.pdf pdf700.7 KbJan 26th, 2021
- Q. Useful links to support RE&Collective Worship.docx.pdf pdf134.7 KbJan 22nd, 2021
- Google Classroom Live Lessons Expectations CC.pdf pdf380.9 KbJan 18th, 2021
- A. Remote Education Provision - Information for Parents.pdf pdf477.6 KbJan 18th, 2021
- P. Coronavirus A book for children.pdf pdf16.4 MbJan 18th, 2021
- O. Useful link to support ICT and Internet safety.pdf pdf552.3 KbJan 18th, 2021
- N. Useful links to support Music.pdf pdf445.8 KbJan 18th, 2021
- M. Useful links to support Art.pdf pdf450.4 KbJan 18th, 2021
- L. Useful links to support Geography.pdf pdf444.9 KbJan 18th, 2021
- K. Useful links to support History.pdf pdf481.1 KbJan 18th, 2021
- J. Useful links to support Mindfulness and being active.pdf pdf471.0 KbJan 18th, 2021
- I. Useful links to support Science.pdf pdf452.0 KbJan 18th, 2021
- H. Useful links to support Maths.pdf pdf461.8 KbJan 18th, 2021
- G. Useful links to support English.pdf pdf491.3 KbJan 18th, 2021
- E. ICT Loan Agreement.pdf pdf154.9 KbJan 18th, 2021
- D. Class Dojo Help Sheet.pdf pdf319.3 KbJan 18th, 2021
- C. Google Classroom Parent Guide Corpus Y6.pdf pdf113.9 KbJan 18th, 2021
- B. Remote Learning Policy CC Sep 2020.pdf pdf451.7 KbJan 18th, 2021
- Corpus Christi remote learning weekly timetable for live lessons Jan 2021.pdf pdf617.9 KbJan 16th, 2021